Ported GCC to many processor architectures. Hacked and/or created many optimization passes within GCC. Wrote the GNU C++ compiler. Enhanced GDB to handle C++.
Founded world's first open source software company (Cygnus Support). Winner of the first Software Tools and Users Group (STUG) award, 1996. Former CTO of Red Hat (2000-2004). Former President of Open Source Initiative (2005-2012). Currently VP Open Source Affairs at Red Hat.
Built and run Manifold Recording, a high-end, carbon-neutral audio and video production facility in Pittsboro, NC.
Chapel Hill, NC
Member for 5 years, 1 month
1 profile view
Last seen May 28 '17 at 1:10
- Video Production 4.6k 4.6k 11 gold badge88 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Mathematics 486 486 44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 211 211 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 157 157 33 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory 126 126 33 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 10 Technique that seems to freeze everything in the world except the camera
- 8 How to show audio keyframes in Adobe Premiere CC?
- 7 What gives a local TV news show that "look"?
- 7 Do I need an audio recorder?
- 6 Please explain video bit rate further
- 6 How to precisely synchronise an audio and video track from separate devices?
- 5 How to color grade gold
- View more network posts →