Should all things related to 3D (Compositing of 3D Elements, 3Ds Max, Vray, Blender, Modo, Maya) be asked in this stack exchange?
The faq mentions:
If you have a question about
- broadcast, film or location recording techniques
- shooting, editing, color grading, and distribution
- post-production techniques
- asset management, media, and file formats
- installation, configuration, and operation of hardware or software related to these topics
… then you’re in the right place to ask your question!
So I think VFX are inclusive of post-production and operation of software, so very firmly on topic.
It definitely fits in here. Though very technical questions regarding a 3D package probably wont get that many answers as so far the majority of the users here don't do all too much 3D. Compositing on the other hand fits very well in here and will very likely receive many answers.
See also my answer here: https://area51.meta.stackexchange.com/a/19242/110996